Saint Quotes: Alphonsus Liguori - He Who Prays Most
Saint Alphonsus Liguori
- Feast Day: August 1
- Patron Saint of: Arthritis Sufferers, Confessors, Moralists, Theologians
- Italy, 1696 – 1787
- Canonized in 1839
- Doctor of the Church (1871)
“He who prays most receives most.” – Saint Alphonsus Liguori
The man who taught “He who prays most receives most” became not only a saint in Heaven but a “Doctor of Prayer” in God’s Church on earth. Clearly, St. Alphonsus Liguori is a go-to saint for helping us grow our prayer lives!
Saint Alphonsus put prayer at the center of his full and active life as a missionary and founder of the Redemptorist Order, a lawyer, poet, artist, intellectual and musician. This Prayer Pillowcase shares the wisdom of the holy man who, as Bishop Liguori, was forever urging the faithful to prayer: “I say, and repeat, and will keep on saying as long as I live, that our whole salvation depends on prayer . . .”
The He Who Prays Most Prayer Pillowcase prompts us to follow the example of Saint Alphonsus by embracing prayer as a vital part of our busy lives as well as cultivating an appreciation for the different forms of prayer.
All pillowcases, regardless of fabric content, are sized to fit Standard & Queen size pillows and measure 20" x 31".
- Poly/Cotton pillowcases (we established our company using these) have a 2" hem and virtually zero shrinkage.
- 100% Cotton pillowcases have a 3" hem. This silky soft fabric has been pre-shrunk; no worries about shrinkage.
- Organic Cotton pillowcases have a 3" hem. Preshrunk with a soft yet crisp feel that only gets softer with every wash.
We are happy to say that we print only on pillowcases that are made in the USA, and we use inks that are certified safe for you, your family and the environment (Oeko-Tex Standard 100).
All of the Prayer Pillowcase photographs you see on this website were taken of our original Poly/Cotton pillow cases with 2" hems.