Saint Quotes: Teresa of Avila - Pay God a Compliment
Saint Teresa of Avila
- Feast Day: October 15
- Patron Saint of: Headache sufferers and Writers
- Spain, 1515 – 1582
- Canonized in 1622
- Doctor of the Church (1970) for her writing and teaching on prayer
“You pay God a compliment by asking great things of him” – Saint Teresa of Avila
The Pay God a Compliment Prayer Pillowcase shares an uplifting quote by Saint Teresa of Avila as encouragement to follow her example of prayerfully putting one's trust in God.
Many of us may relate to Saint Teresa of Avila’s early difficulty with embracing a dedicated prayer life while feeling overwhelmed by her sin. But there is little doubt that Saint Teresa “asked great things” of God for today she is acknowledged as a “Doctor of the Church” and one of its great mystics and reformers. We can learn from her example of clinging to God in spite of inner turmoil, of persevering and asking Him with open heart, “What do you want from me?”
The Pay God a Compliment Prayer Pillowcase adds heavenly inspiration to Catholic home décor and daily life with this reminder from Saint Teresa to turn to God with our burdens, as well as our love.
All pillowcases, regardless of fabric content, are sized to fit Standard & Queen size pillows and measure 20" x 31".
- Poly/Cotton pillowcases (we established our company using these) have a 2" hem and virtually zero shrinkage.
- 100% Cotton pillowcases have a 3" hem. This silky soft fabric has been pre-shrunk; no worries about shrinkage.
- Organic Cotton pillowcases have a 3" hem. Preshrunk with a soft yet crisp feel that only gets softer with every wash.
We are happy to say that we print only on pillowcases that are made in the USA, and we use inks that are certified safe for you, your family and the environment (Oeko-Tex Standard 100).
All of the Prayer Pillowcase photographs you see on this website were taken of our original Poly/Cotton pillow cases with 2" hems.